Friday, June 11, 2010

10.fotka

I woke up with a big headache. Slim was gone - to Montana, I guess. I went outside. And there in the blue air I saw for the first time, far off, the great snowy tops of the Rocky Mountains.
Jack Kerouac: On the Road

Když jsem byla v roce 1997 v San Franciscu, koupila jsem si v City Lights Kerouacovu legendární knihu v originále. Tak trošku i kvůli němu jsem se vždycky chtěla do Ameriky podívat. Když jsem pak v letadle směr Londýn a pak směr Praha narazila na tuhle větu, hrozně mě dojala. Bála jsem se, že už třeba Rocky Mountains nikdy neuvidím. Viděla jsem je pak ještě sedmkrát.

Takhle v roce 2000 z Trail Ridge Road:



Tak tohle je moje desátá fotka z alba schovaného v mém dívčím pokojíčku.
Děkuji Wlčici za pozvání do soutěže, pěkně jsem si zavzpomínala:-)

So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken-down river pier watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all that raw land that rolls in one ubelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, and in Iowa I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let children cry, and tonight the stars´ll be out, and don´t you know that God is Pooh Bear? the evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on the prairie, which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens all rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows what´s going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of old Dean Moriarty the father we never found, I think of Dean Moriarty

Jack Kerouac: On the Road

No comments: